Settling In

Ciao a tutti!
The other day I arrived in what is fast becoming my favourite city, Florence. I wouldn’t be the first nor will I be the last to wax lyrical about the place. I am living in a part of the city called Oltrarno, south of the city’s river Arno (it literally means ‘beyond the Arno’). This area enjoys the balance of being away from the most popular tourist areas while still being a bustling, happening place. In fact, a nearby road, Borgo San Frediano, was recent named by Lonely Planet as one of ’10 of the World's Coolest Neighbourhoods to Visit Right Now’. With eateries and shops a-plenty, the whole area is a great place to settle into Florentine life. Almost on my doorstep is the beautiful Piazza Santo Spirito (pictured below), which boasts a Renaissance basilica home to the young Michelangelo’s wooden crucifix as well as a constant vibrant atmosphere due to its many bars and cafés. Do subscribe to find out about my adventures in this lovely city!


Comments